In today’s episode, I’m joined by Emmy Nominated author Phil White. Phil is the co-author of The 17 Hour Fast with Dr. Frank Merritt, Waterman 2.0 with Kelly Starrett, Game Changer with Fergus Connolly, and Unplugged with Andy Galpin and Brian Mackenzie.I am fascinated with and really enjoyed diving into with Phil today is the creative process behind a work of art that goes unseen. Today we discuss the art of storytelling, what goes into Phil’s work creatively and what he uses to fuel that, the creative process, phrasing interview questions, and much more.
- (5:45)- The beginning of Phil’s journey in storytelling
- (10:27)-What drew Phil to the tasks he wanted to work on and what his internal thought process looks like: enthusiasm, curiosity
- (11:42)- the Last Well
- (13:50)- The relationship of personal connection in writing
- (17:10)-the Behind the scenes of the creation of a project
- (24:09)- Art as a vehicle for education
- (28:25)- The fundamental principles of storytelling and the carryover across mediums
- (35:15)- transcribing, writing, and the process
- (39:20)- what the listening process is like and getting into the mindset of the reader
- (44:26)- “You can’t lead people don’t a road of what you want to hear”
- (45:50)- phrasing interview questions in a way that gets you an authentic response
- (52:30)- ritual for achieving tasks
- (1:03:44)- the access we have at our fingertips
- (1:07:48)- “You will be provided for if you’re pursuing your passion”
- (1:10:06)- the social media fast
Resources we may have talked about
How you can connect with Phil
This episode is brought to you by Revive-Rx. Their supplements help me stay fueled and help me live the motto of #lookgoodmovewell. I personally am a huge fan of the Recover Strawberry, which I use immediately after my training sessions. Use the code “miz10” to get 10% off your purchase.
If you wanna grab any book we’ve talked about in the past, head over to theairbornemind.com/readinglist. You’ll see all the books recommended from each guest. And if you want you can get a free audiobook and 30 day free trial there as well.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review on iTunes and lemme know what you think. It would really help me out so I can continue creating awesome stuff for you.
And remember the greatest compliment you can give is by sharing this with someone else who might enjoy it or somewhere on the web. Once again thank you for being a listener and supporting the show. Until next time.