Today’s episode is special because we’re celebrating the one year anniversary special for Awaken Training Series. Marcus Filly joins me today to reflect on some of the learnings that we’ve had since the inception. I know that as a participant, my biggest takeaway was the evolution in mindset around training. We talk about things like controlled variety, confidence through training, tracking certain markers for progress, and so much more.
- (4:35) – Mindset shift around training
- (9:38) – Firebreathers
- (16:28) – Variety
- (19:16) – Burnout
- (25:11) – Confidence
- (29:53) – Transformance drive
- (35:21) – Cost of intensity
- (48:27) – Open Season
- (54:48) – Customization
- (1:00:41) – Functional Bodybuilding for gyms
- (1:08:50) – Tracking certain markers
- (1:14:44) – Look Good Move Well
Resources we may have talked about:
- #17 – Functional Bodybuilding w/ Marcus Filly
- #26 – Gut Health, Supplementation, and Nutrient Absorption w/ Marcus Filly
- #34 – Functional Bodybuilding Part Two w/ Marcus Filly
- #47 – Functional Bodybuilding: Principles Of Training w/ Marcus Filly
- #60 – Functional Bodybuilding, Aerobic Development, and Individual Design w/ Marcus Filly
- #81 – Movement Is The Ultimate Freedom w/ Marcus Filly
- Look Good Move Well Podcast
How you can connect with Marcus:
This episode is brought to you by Revive-Rx. Their supplements help me stay fueled and help me live the motto of #lookgoodmovewell. I personally am a huge fan of the Recover Strawberry, which I use immediately after my training sessions. Use the code “miz10” to get 10% off your purchase.
If you wanna grab any book we’ve talked about in the past, head over to theairbornemind.com/readinglist. You’ll see all the books recommended from each guest. And if you want you can get a free audiobook and 30 day free trial there as well.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review on iTunes and lemme know what you think. It would really help me out so I can continue creating awesome stuff for you.
And remember the greatest compliment you can give is by sharing this with someone else who might enjoy it or somewhere on the web. Once again thank you for being a listener and supporting the show. Until next time.