Marcus painted a very clear picture with vivid examples on how to view your relationship with nutrition when designing it as a part of your lifestyle. He gave a perspective on what it means to be dedicated to a quality nutrition program over a long period of time. Completely outside of nutrition, he drops a lot of gems that are sure to get you thinking.
In this episode, some things we chat about:
- How do you sift through all the B.S. in the supplement industry?
- How do you choose your supplements on a budget? What should you spend your money on? What is a waste?
- How does a gut health relate to stress, energy levels, and how sick you get?
- How does gut health hold someone back from having a thinner waistline?
- (6:15) – “Every ingredient has to serve a purpose — that is not just filling bag space.”
- (12:00) – How do you choose and test ingredients that go into supplements?
- (21:00) – What to do before thinking about calorie counts and macro breakdowns
- (24:10) – Liquid nutrition
- (33:50) – How much protein can I take in and absorb at once?
- (40:00) – How do we optimize gut health so we can absorb nutrients better?
- (45:00) – Is it reversible? How to clean up your act
- (47:45) – How does gut health affect me if “I want a thinner waistline…”?
- (50:10) – “Poop is one of the most available sources of information about how your digestive system is doing.”
- (57:00) – How to shop for supplements on a budget
- (1:04:00) – BCAAs
- (1:06:00) – Sleep issues
- (1:13:00) – Routines and Rhythms
- (1:14:15) – Creatine
- (1:17:15) – Egoscue
- (1:23:45) – Long term and short term success
Resources we may have talked about:
- Creatine Monohydrate
- Bristol Stool Chart
- High Quality Probiotic
- Powdered Greens Supplement (first thing Marcus consumes everyday)
- Max Fibre
- Zinc Magnesium
- Ep. 17 – Functional Bodybuilding
How you can connect with Marcus:
If you wanna grab any book we’ve talked about in the past, head over to theairbornemind.com/readinglist. You’ll see all the books recommended from each guest. And if you want you can get a free audiobook and 30 day free trial there as well.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review on iTunes and lemme know what you think. It would really help me out so I can continue creating awesome stuff for you.
And remember the greatest compliment you can give is by sharing this with someone else who might enjoy it or somewhere on the web. Once again thank you for being a listener and supporting the show. Until next time.