Today I’m joined by Laurie King. I’ve been following Laurie for quite some time so I was really excited to get into this episode. Laurie is a nutrition coach who decided to pursue a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics after her own battles with an eating disorder and an under-active thyroid. Laurie decided to pursue this degree not only to remedy her own issues with eating but to put herself in the position to be able to ensure that others would never be in her position with her relationship with food. Laurie focuses on how to eat in a way that supports overall health and a balance of hormones without the need for medication. This was a conversation that I was constantly learning throughout and one that I really enjoyed. In today’s episode we talk about how Laurie got started in nutrition coaching, hormonal health, how imbalances come about, high intensity training and hormonal health, the symptoms of hormone imbalance, and much more.
- (4:54)- How did you get into nutrition coaching?
- (8:35)- “The best coaching comes from what you’ve already experienced”
- (13:08)- Hormonal health and food interactions
- (20:50)- Impact of hormonal birth control
- (22:42)- What to know about female hormones
- (24:44)- High intensity fitness and hormonal health
- (33:20)- Stress and imbalances
- (37:08)- Forms of stress and formal issues
- (40:40)- Thyroid health and irregular periods and symptoms of hormone imbalances
- (42:24)- Education drives success
- (51:00)- Prioritizing body composition vs. hormonal health
- (52:55)- Repairing hormonal health
- (1:04:50)- If you had to start from scratch with $500 and a laptop, what would you do with it?
- (1:05:48)- If you had a couple billion dollars and a staff of top thinkers, what would you do with it?
- (1:09:05)- Can you think of a time in your life where you had to take a leap and you didn’t know what was going to happen?
Resources we may have talked about
How you can connect with Laurie
This episode is brought to you by Revive-Rx. Their supplements help me stay fueled and help me live the motto of #lookgoodmovewell. I personally am a huge fan of the Recover Strawberry, which I use immediately after my training sessions. Use the code “miz10” to get 10% off your purchase.
If you wanna grab any book we’ve talked about in the past, head over to theairbornemind.com/readinglist. You’ll see all the books recommended from each guest. And if you want you can get a free audiobook and 30 day free trial there as well.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review on iTunes and lemme know what you think. It would really help me out so I can continue creating awesome stuff for you.
And remember the greatest compliment you can give is by sharing this with someone else who might enjoy it or somewhere on the web. Once again thank you for being a listener and supporting the show. Until next time.