For today’s episode, I’m joined by Kelsi Gotauco. She is a nutrition coach and a former cheerleader for the New England Patriots. Kelsi began her fitness journey in the world of aesthetics, doing a bikini competition, which led her to falling in love with all that fitness had to offer. It is this love for fitness that drove her to dive into online nutrition coaching and personal training. Kelsi’s focus revolves around helping women in creating a sustainable body image that they can feel confident in. Today we talk about body image, self talk, using journaling as a nutrition tool, and so much more.
- (3:54)- How did you get started and background
- (6:22)- The demands of keeping of physical appearance as a cheerleader
- (8:47)- Pressure to look a certain way from an unspoken vibe/ expectations
- (10:38)- Kelsi’s exposure to fitness through a bikini competition
- (14:37)- The frustration of sustainability
- (16:10)- Feeling in control and finding a sustainable lifestyle
- (20:47)- Assumptions with body image
- (25:28)- Comparing yourself to others
- (32:30)- Verbalizing whats inside your head
- (36:28)- Journaling, brain dumping, being real with yourself
- (42:00)- Favorite journal prompts
- (45:20)- What is the smallest thing I can do that will make an impact?
- (48:54)- Clarity and consciousness around what you’re doing
- (50:40)- Verbalizing things that may never get out
- (55:52)- Environment and support systems to help with behavior change
- (1:00.25)- The subconscious question of am I safe here
- (1:08.47)- The impact of a support system on what you’re able to do
- (1:13:45)- If you had a couple billion dollars and a staff of top thinkers, what would you do with it?
- (1:16:55)- If you could give away a couple pieces of media to people that have been influential to you, what would they be?
- (1:20:39)- If you could have people take away one thing from today, what would it be?
Resources we may have talked about
How you can connect with Kelsi
This episode is brought to you by Revive-Rx. Their supplements help me stay fueled and help me live the motto of #lookgoodmovewell. I personally am a huge fan of the Recover Strawberry, which I use immediately after my training sessions. Use the code “miz10” to get 10% off your purchase.
If you wanna grab any book we’ve talked about in the past, head over to theairbornemind.com/readinglist. You’ll see all the books recommended from each guest. And if you want you can get a free audiobook and 30 day free trial there as well.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review on iTunes and lemme know what you think. It would really help me out so I can continue creating awesome stuff for you.
And remember the greatest compliment you can give is by sharing this with someone else who might enjoy it or somewhere on the web. Once again thank you for being a listener and supporting the show. Until next time.