Today I’m joined by two guests, Eric Leija and Francheska Martinez. Eric is an Annit Academy Senior Kettlebell Coach, coach ate the Onnit Gym in Austin, Texas, and specialist in all things related to kettlebell flow. Francheska is an animal flow instructor and master, Onnit kettlebell specialist, Onnit Mace specialist , stretch therapist, coach, and bodyweight movement expert. I’ve always found the kettlebell to be such a valuable, versatile piece of equipment, and getting to explore the creativity of movement with it is something I’ve enjoyed. Today we discuss the many ways we can explore movement in a gym beyond barbells, animal and kettlebell flows, the art, style, and grace of movement, what a flow might look like, how to spot a practice, and much more.
- (4:04)- Exploring movement beyond barbells in the gym
- (5:46)- Doing more with less
- (7:34)- Kettlebells vs other discipline
- (11:51)- Flowing/ dancing
- (15:47)- Making heavyweight look light/ being graceful
- (18:28)- What does a flow look like
- (23:15)- Explore your body in movement patterns
- (26:59)-Contralateral movement patterns
- (28:57)- Who does animal and kettlebell flow attract?
- (36:25)- Adopting a practice
- (40:35)- Grace on the floor
- (42:58)- Simple flow workout
- (45:50)- Buying time
- (47:58)- Graceful movement/ Ido
- (50:50)- lateral ape, jump squat, side kick through
- (54:24)- If you could give 1-3 pieces of content to the world, who would they be?
- (58:08)- Story similar to taking a leap off a cliff before you knew what the landing would be
- (1:02:44)- What is something you don’t get asked about enough?
- (1:05:30)- Kettlebell course
Resources we may have talked about
How you can connect with Eric & Francheska
This episode is brought to you by Revive-Rx. Their supplements help me stay fueled and help me live the motto of #lookgoodmovewell. I personally am a huge fan of the Recover Strawberry, which I use immediately after my training sessions. Use the code “miz10” to get 10% off your purchase.
If you wanna grab any book we’ve talked about in the past, head over to theairbornemind.com/readinglist. You’ll see all the books recommended from each guest. And if you want you can get a free audiobook and 30 day free trial there as well.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review on iTunes and lemme know what you think. It would really help me out so I can continue creating awesome stuff for you.
And remember the greatest compliment you can give is by sharing this with someone else who might enjoy it or somewhere on the web. Once again thank you for being a listener and supporting the show. Until next time.