Marcus Filly is back on the show for his fourth episode! This time we dig deeper into the training principles of functional bodybuilding. We reflect on how the first iteration of the Awaken Training Series went for myself, the community, and what made it such an enjoyable experience.
I can tell you from visiting Revival Strength HQ this weekend that the experience you receive from on-site or remote coaching is 100% crafted with genuine care (or lack thereof). What a mind blowing peek at the thought process that goes into truly being with someone throughout their fitness journey.
- (6:28) – Community
- (9:40) – Warmups with intent
- (14:10) – Learning through training
- (16:15) – Conditioning, breathing work, and managing intensity
- (19:34) – Crafting culture
- (31:25) – Feeling beaten down from overloading patterns
- (35:48) – Flexibility vs Mobility
- (39:00) – Tempo training
- (43:10) – Detaching ego from load
- (46:40) – Individualized program design
- (50:00) – What drives community?
- (55:20) – Business principles
- (1:08:00) – Reacting to adversity
- (1:13:00) – Setting up a structure for balance
- (1:21:20) – Starting over
Resources we may have talked about:
- Awaken Training Series 1.0
- Awaken Training Series 2.0
- Mike Lee – What is tempo and how to prescribe it?
- #17 – Functional Bodybuilding w/ Marcus Filly
- #26 – Gut Health, Supplementation, and Nutrient Absorption w/ Marcus Filly
- #34 – Functional Bodybuilding Part Two w/ Marcus Filly
How you can connect with Marcus:
If you wanna grab any book we’ve talked about in the past, head over to theairbornemind.com/readinglist. You’ll see all the books recommended from each guest. And if you want you can get a free audiobook and 30 day free trial there as well.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review on iTunes and lemme know what you think. It would really help me out so I can continue creating awesome stuff for you.
And remember the greatest compliment you can give is by sharing this with someone else who might enjoy it or somewhere on the web. Once again thank you for being a listener and supporting the show. Until next time.