Mark “Smelly” Bell is the founder of Power Magazine, Super Training Gym, and the staple weightlifting accessory called the Slingshot. He is an American Powerlifter who has totaled 2551lb (1025lb Squat, 854lb Bench, 755lb Deadlift). Mark has over 2,000 videos on YouTube at this point, which is probably more than anyone in the fitness industry right now. He also has a wildly popular podcast called Mark Bell’s Powercast.
In this episode, we got deep really fast. So deep that I forgot to hit record in the first few minutes. Achieving greatness starts with being good consistently. How do you scale your behavior to get to where you want to go? Sit back, relax, and let Smelly’s wisdom seep into your brain.
- 11:17 – Behavior has to scale
- 12:30 – Accountability is huge
- 15:34 – Key to being good consistently
- 19:10 – Relying on yourself
- 25:05 – Value vs Giving
- 35:01 – Money
- 41:15 – Having substance behind what you’re talking about
- 45:47 – Starting over with $500 and a laptop
- 49:50 – Embracing your fears
- 59:45 – You don’t need money to make an impact
- 1:09:40 – Developing multiple habits with small steps
- 1:17:08 – It’s not hard
Resources we may have talked about:
How you can connect with Mark:
If you wanna grab any book we’ve talked about in the past, head over to theairbornemind.com/readinglist. You’ll see all the books recommended from each guest. And if you want you can get a free audiobook and 30 day free trial there as well.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review on iTunes and lemme know what you think. It would really help me out so I can continue creating awesome stuff for you.
And remember the greatest compliment you can give is by sharing this with someone else who might enjoy it or somewhere on the web. Once again thank you for being a listener and supporting the show. Until next time.