Dr. Megan Kaden is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in couples and individuals working on their relationships. She’s also developed a digital course, with yours truly, called The Art and Science of Connection. This episode is so exciting to me because we discuss elements of neurobiology, causes for relationship failures (with others or yourself), how our system handles emotions, and so much more. This is a MUST listen for anyone who wants to be more connected in their day to day interactions with friends, clients, co-workers, family, and most importantly – yourself.
- (9:08) – Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy
- (13:45) – Creating neural connections
- (19:58) – Verbalizing thoughts
- (24:18) – Creating a space for sharing
- (30:10) – Causes of relationship failures
- (31:36) – Burying emotions
- (33:10) – Feeling all of your feelings
- (34:25) – Emotional regulation
- (35:55) – Explicitly sharing
- (38:50) – Labeling emotions
- (40:53) – Patterns developed in the 0-5 year old range
- (43:58) – Silence
Resources we may have talked about:
- The Artist’s Way
- Blackout: Remembering The Things I Drank To Forget
- The God of Small Things
- The Art and Science of Connection
How you can connect with Megan:
This episode is brought to you by Revive-Rx. Their supplements help me stay fueled and help me live the motto of #lookgoodmovewell. I personally am a huge fan of the Recover Strawberry, which I use immediately after my training sessions. Use the code “miz10” to get 10% off your purchase.
If you wanna grab any book we’ve talked about in the past, head over to theairbornemind.com/readinglist. You’ll see all the books recommended from each guest. And if you want you can get a free audiobook and 30 day free trial there as well.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review on iTunes and lemme know what you think. It would really help me out so I can continue creating awesome stuff for you.
And remember the greatest compliment you can give is by sharing this with someone else who might enjoy it or somewhere on the web. Once again thank you for being a listener and supporting the show. Until next time.