Mike Lee, of OPEX Fitness, joins us today to talk about how coaches starting out can refine their systems to be able to handle a larger client load with individual design. “In order to grow as a coach, you have to learn how to scale. Scaling is done through a great system of organization and great communication with clients.”
You may have heard of Mike’s wizardry since he is the coach of Marcus Filly, Tennil Reed, and a host of other elite level athletes. This episode is valuable because we discuss the obstacles and adversity he faced when he started out as a coach. What were some lessons and challenges from 0-20 clients vs 40+? Regardless of where you are on the coaching continuum, this is one you do not want to miss.
- (17:17) – Communication to help enforce lifestyle and nutrition practices
- (21:45) – Identifying common characteristics of your ideal client
- (25:35) – Attracting your audience through referrals
- (30:20) – First encounter conversation with an ideal client
- (36:01) – Balance between over coaching and giving the client space
- (39:15) – Differences in coaching females
- (47:17) – Tracking compliance
- (56:20) – Time management
- (1:10:10) – Obstacles that came up with client loads 0-20, 20-40, 40+
Resources we may have talked about:
How you can connect with Mike:
This episode is brought to you by Revive-Rx. Their supplements help me stay fueled and help me live the motto of #lookgoodmovewell. I personally am a huge fan of the Recover Strawberry, which I use immediately after my training sessions. Use the code “miz10” to get 10% off your purchase.
If you wanna grab any book we’ve talked about in the past, head over to theairbornemind.com/readinglist. You’ll see all the books recommended from each guest. And if you want you can get a free audiobook and 30 day free trial there as well.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review on iTunes and lemme know what you think. It would really help me out so I can continue creating awesome stuff for you.
And remember the greatest compliment you can give is by sharing this with someone else who might enjoy it or somewhere on the web. Once again thank you for being a listener and supporting the show. Until next time.